- Napali Coast: Take an air tour or a boat tour to witness the towering cliffs along Kauai’s North Shore.
- Waimea Canyon: Enjoy the panoramic views of “The Grand Canyon of the Pacific.”
- Wailua River: Kauai has the only navigable rivers in Hawaii and Wailua is one of the most popular.
- Daniel K. Inouye Kilauea Point Lighthouse: Visit this beautiful scenic point at the northernmost tip of the island.
- Kauai Beaches: From Poipu on the South Shore to Hanalei Bay on the North Shore, explore Kauai’s amazing beaches.
Getting to the Kauai Islands
Kauai's main airport is Lihue Airport (LIH) in southeastern Lihue. Many airlines now offer non-stop service to Kauai. There is also the option of flying into Honolulu International Airport (HNL) on Oahu first and then heading to Kauai on a short, 25-minute flight.
Staying in Kauai
There are various accommodations to meet your needs. You'll find everything from budget hotels to luxury resorts in the areas of North Shore (Princeville), East Side (Coconut Coast), Lihue (Kalapaki), South Shore (Poipu), West Side (Waimea). Kauai is also known for its charming bed and breakfasts and guest cottages. You can also rent a condominium or home, which is great for on-the-go families.
Anytime of year is a good time to visit Kauai with average yearly temperatures ranging between 84 and 69 degrees. Ocean temperatures are also perfect ranging from 71 to 81 degrees. Trade winds keep things comfortable year-round.
Traveling in Kauai
If you're planning to explore the island, it's best to rent a car. This will allow you the flexibility to tour Waimea Canyon one day then spend the next in Hanalei Town. Shuttles and tours are also available, though stops will be limited.
Some of the lush interior of the island is only accessible by air, so you may find yourself taking a sightseeing sky adventure by helicopter or small plane. Don't miss the chance to travel by foot on Kauai's magnificent hiking trails or vast, trackless beaches.
Useful Phone Numbers:
- The area code for the state of Hawaii is (808).
- Lihue Airport Visitor Information: (808) 246-1448
- Kauai Visitor Information: (800) 262-1400
- Kauai Visitors Bureau: (808)245-3971
- Marriage License and Civil Unions: (808) 586-4545
- Agricultural Inspection: (808) 245-2831
- Camping Permits: (808) 241-4463 (county), (808) 274-3444 (state)
- Wilcox Memorial Hospital: (808) 245-1100
- Kauai Veterans Memorial Hospital: (808) 338-9431
Popular Kauai Activities
|Dinner Cruises||Fishing Charters||Golf||Horseback Riding||Kayaking||Scuba & Snuba||Surfing||Zipline|
Kauai Adventure Tours
|ATV Tours||Bicycle Tours||Dolphin Tours||Eco Tours||Helicopter Tours||Land Tours||Sightseeing||Whale Watching|
Memberships and Certification
Certified Hawaii Tourism Authority 'Destination Expert'.
A member of Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau and the Hawaii Tourism Authority.