- Kalaupapa National Historical Park: Take a mule ride from 1,700 feet to one of Hawaii’s most remote settlements.
- Kaunakakai: Molokai’s main town features historic landmarks, the state’s longest pier, and unique shops and eateries.
- Halawa Valley: Sacred Hawaiian cathedral valley, blessed with beautiful vistas and two towering waterfalls.
- Papohaku Beach: At three miles long, this is one of the largest white sand beaches in Hawaii.
Getting to the Molokai Island
There are three ways to get to Molokai:
1. A 25-minute flight on a local air carrier from Oahu’s Honolulu International Airport Commuter Terminal (HNL).
2. Maui's Kahului Airport (OGG) to Molokai Airport (MKK).
3. The daily inter-island ferry from neighboring Maui.
The ferry service on the Molokai Princess crosses the Kalohi channel twice a day between Lahaina Harbor and Kaunakakai Harbor, once in the morning, once in the late afternoon. Expect to be treated to spectacular sunsets during the afternoon ferry and whale sightings during the winter months. Travel time is approximately 90 minutes.
Staying in Molokai
Accommodations on Molokai vary from the oceanfront Aqua Hotel Molokai to rental condos, cottages and bed and breakfasts in Kaunakakai and Maunaloa.
Weather in Molokai is pleasant throughout the year. Year round temperatures average around 75º F (23.9º C). At Molokai’s higher elevations, it can get a bit cooler and wetter so pack a light jacket. The West End of Molokai is dryer and more arid while the mountainous East End is wetter and greener.
Traveling in Molokai
It’s best to rent a car on Molokai. The island is easy to navigate with only one two-lane highway stretching across it. However, some excursions require the use of a 4-wheel drive vehicle. Quantities are limited so make reservations in advance. Remember to ease off the gas pedal here, as the sign says on your way out of the airport: “Slow down, you’re in Molokai.”
Useful Phone Numbers:
- The area code for the state of Hawaii is (808)
- Molokai Visitors Association: (800) 800-6367
- Marriage License and Civil Unions: (808) 586-4545
- Molokai Camping Permits: (808) 553-3204 or (808) 984-8109
- Molokai General Hospital: (808) 553-5331
- Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau: (808) 923-181
- Honolulu International Airport Visitor Information: (808) 836-6413
- Agriculture Inspection: (808) 832-0566
Popular Molokai Activities
|Dinner Cruises||Fishing||Golf||Kayaking||Mule Rides||Scuba & Snuba||Surfing||Zipline|
Molokai Adventure Tours
|ATV Tours||Bicycle Tours||Dolphin Tours||Eco Tours||Helicopter Tours||Land Tours||Sightseeing||Whale Watching|
Memberships and Certification
Certified Hawaii Tourism Authority 'Destination Expert'.
A member of Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau and the Hawaii Tourism Authority.