Roughly a one hour drive from Waikiki, the North Shore is also home to various condo rentals, the luxurious Turtle Bay Resort and Haleiwa Town, where you can shop, eat like a local and cool off with rainbow flavored shave ice. You can continue your drive to Laie with the Polynesian Cultural Center and the old plantation town of Kahuku to end your day on the North Shore.
- Waikiki: Once a playground for Hawaiian royalty, this historic hot spot is now a gathering place for the world.
- Pearl Harbor: This National Historical Landmark features five historic sites memorializing the December 7, 1941 attack.
- North Shore: During the winter months, this legendary surf mecca attracts the best surfers in the world.
- Iolani Palace: The only official state residence of royalty in the United States and home to the Hawaiian Kingdom’s last two monarchs.
- Hawaii Regional Cuisine on Oahu: Get a taste of some of Hawaii’s most famous Hawaii Regional Cuisine chefs on Oahu.
Your first stop along the North Shore will be charming Haleiwa, which is on Waialua Bay, at the mouth of the Anahulu River. A small boat harbor is located here, and the shore of the bay is surrounded by Haleʻiwa Beach Park and Haleʻiwa Aliʻi Beach Park. As a laid back surf town it seems, Haleiwa is filled with local style and country ambiance as well as cool surf shops and boutiques, understated restaurants and charming art galleries.
Location: North Shore roughly an hour from Waikiki.
Waimea means "Red Water" in Hawaiian. Waimea Bay was an influential surf spot during the dawn of big wave surfing in the 1950’s. Adventurous surfers began to challenge the powerful winter waves of Waimea (as well as Makaha Beach on the west side) giving birth to the big wave-riding phenomenon. Big wave season hits Hawaii from November through February attracting the best men and women surfers in the world.
Nearby you can also explore Waimea Valley, a botanical garden and cultural attraction that is home to beautiful Waimea Falls.
Location: Oahu’s North Shore.
Popular Oahu Activities
|Dinner Cruises||Fishing Charters||Golf||Horseback Riding||Kayaking||Scuba & Snuba||Surfing||Zipline|
Oahu Adventure Tours
|ATV Tours||Dolphin Tours||Eco Tours||Helicopter Tours||Land Tours||Pearl Harbor Tours||Sightseeing||Whale Watching|
Memberships and Certification
Certified Hawaii Tourism Authority 'Destination Expert'.
A member of Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau and the Hawaii Tourism Authority.