The fertile central valley between the Waianae Mountains and Koolau range offers a peek into Oahu’s history. There are a lot of exciting places to go for sightseeing in Central Oahu. Every local district has its own point of interest, from Pearl Harbor to the Tropic Lightning Museum of Wahiawa.
- Waikiki: Once a playground for Hawaiian royalty, this historic hot spot is now a gathering place for the world.
- Pearl Harbor: This National Historical Landmark features five historic sites memorializing the December 7, 1941 attack.
- North Shore: During the winter months, this legendary surf mecca attracts the best surfers in the world.
- Iolani Palace: The only official state residence of royalty in the United States and home to the Hawaiian Kingdom’s last two monarchs.
- Hawaii Regional Cuisine on Oahu: Get a taste of some of Hawaii’s most famous Hawaii Regional Cuisine chefs on Oahu.
Pearl Harbor, named for the pearl oysters once harvested there, is the largest natural harbor in Hawaii, a World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument and the only naval base in the United States to be designated a National Historical Landmark.
The devastating aerial attack on Pearl Harbor resulted in 2,390 dead and hundreds wounded, and drove the United States into World War II. Pearl Harbor honors this history-changing event with the Pearl Harbor Historic sites and memorials which include USS Arizona Memorial, the Battleship Missouri Memorial, USS Bowfin Submarine Museum & Park, Pacific Aviation Museum and the USS Oklahoma Memorial.
Location: Central Oahu, about 30 minute drive from Waikiki.
Visit Dole Plantation for a taste of some fresh pineapple and learn about Jim Dole's pineapple legacy in Hawaii. While you're there, lose yourself in the plantation's 1.7-mile pineapple maze. Take some time to get back to nature at Oahu’s plantations, farms and gardens. This historic pineapple plantation now attracts families with a train ride & the world's largest maze.
Location: Central Oahu, about 45 minute drive from Waikiki.
Popular Oahu Activities
|Dinner Cruises||Fishing Charters||Golf||Horseback Riding||Kayaking||Scuba & Snuba||Surfing||Zipline|
Oahu Adventure Tours
|ATV Tours||Dolphin Tours||Eco Tours||Helicopter Tours||Land Tours||Pearl Harbor Tours||Sightseeing||Whale Watching|
Memberships and Certification
Certified Hawaii Tourism Authority 'Destination Expert'.
A member of Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau and the Hawaii Tourism Authority.