The second largest Hawaiian island has a smaller population than you’d expect, making Maui popular with visitors who are looking for sophisticated diversions and amenities in the small towns and airy resorts spread throughout the island. From the scenic slopes of fertile Upcountry Maui to numerous beaches that have repeatedly been voted among the best in the world, a visit to the Valley Isle recharges one's senses.
King Piilani was the first ruler to unite all of Maui under a single family of alii (royalty) in the early 15th century. In 1790, King Kamehameha I defeated Kahekili, Maui’s last king, after a fierce battle in the iconic Iao Valley. Kamehameha took control of Maui and made Lahaina the new capital of the unified Hawaiian Kingdom. For nearly five decades, Lahaina served as the center of government for Hawaii. Simultaneously, the town experienced a surge in its whaling industry. At the height of the whaling era (1840-1865) as many as 500 ships anchored in Lahaina’s port.
- Haleakala National Park: A scenic national park on the island of Maui and home to Maui’s highest peak.
- Hana: Is a small, untouched town on Maui’s eastern coastline. To get here visitors must travel one of the world’s most scenic drives.
- Iao Valley State Park: Features one of Maui’s most recognizable landmarks, the 1,200-foot Iao Needle.
- Kaanapali Beach: Is the signature beach of West Maui.
- Lahaina: Is a historic whaling village and lively West Maui hot spot.
- Makawao: A rural, artistic community on the slopes of Upcountry Maui, home to the Paniolo, or Hawaiian cowboy.
- Makena Beach: Also known as “Big Beach,” is one of the largest beaches in Maui.
- Molokini: Is a small island a few miles off of Maui’s southwestern coast that’s well suited for snorkelers and divers.
- The Pools of Oheo: Located just past Hana, are beautiful pools fed by cascading waterfalls.
Popular Maui Activities
|Dinner Cruises||Fishing Charters||Golf||Horseback Riding||Kayaking||Scuba & Snuba||Surfing||Zipline|
Maui Adventure Tours
|ATV Tours||Bicycle Tours||Dolphin Tours||Eco Tours||Helicopter Tours||Land Tours||Sightseeing||Whale Watching|
Memberships and Certification
Certified Hawaii Tourism Authority 'Destination Expert'.
A member of Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau and the Hawaii Tourism Authority.